Managing hardware & software
The challenge of IT procurement
Technology changes so fast, it can be hard to keep up with all the new products out there, let alone decide which ones are best for your business.
If you’re thinking of buying new computers, for example, how can you make sure your new hardware will cope with the demands of your software? Or if you’re looking for new software to streamline your business, how can you know which product will integrate best with all your other programmes?
Even for seasoned professionals, the IT procurement market can be baffling to navigate – with a large number of competing vendors making ambitious, often identical claims about their products. Do you need new application software or new system software? The market doesn’t make it simple. So it’s all too easy to make mistakes – to invest in technology that sounds great on paper, but which doesn’t perform as intended, or which quickly needs replacing.
How Dr Logic can help
Taking the pain out of IT procurement
We’ve been helping companies to choose IT products for over 18 years. So we have extensive, hands-on experience of a huge range of hardware and software, and are constantly on the lookout for new products. So we’re ideally placed to recommend the right technology for your specific business needs and budget.
As well as providing you with informed, impartial advice, we’re also skilled at coming up with IT procurement options that balance the needs of everyone within your business – senior stakeholders, as well as the employees who will be using the technology, and any in-house IT engineers who’ll be maintaining it.
We can help you manage and procure:
- New operating systems for your hardware and software
- Network security systems
- Computer software
- Computer hardware, including output devices and input devices, from computer monitors to keyboards and mouses
- Mobile devices
Helping with the costs
Buying the best hardware, like Macs, isn’t always cheap. But as with most premium brands and the highest performance computers the short-term investment pays off with long-term benefits. Cutting edge technology last longer and performs better.
To help, we’re registered with the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) as a credit broker, which means we can introduce you to lenders to lease your hardware.
This cuts down on your capex. But it also means project implementation fees and the cost of your IT Support Contract with us can be added to the financing — depending on the ratio of hardware to software professional services.
Whichever finance option you choose, you won’t have to compromise on quality or innovation because of budget constraints. Our financing options are:
- Hire purchase
- Finance lease
- Operating lease
Using the power of partnership
Our close relationships with major IT vendors also means we can help you get the best possible value from your IT investment:
- As a member of the Apple Consultants Network, for example, we can work with the business team at Apple to choose the products you need, and ensure that you get a discount.
- If your IT infrastructure is not Apple based, it’s not a problem. We’ll manage the research, purchase, configuration and delivery of all hardware, for whatever devices your business needs.
- As a Cisco Meraki partner, we’ll be able to source networking kit like routers and access points at the best possible prices.
- We also have our favourites when it comes to software – best in class products which we use ourselves, and which we have first-hand experience of implementing for our clients. And in some cases we’ve been so impressed that we’ve become official software partners.
But don’t worry if you’re interested in a product that’s just launched or we’re not currently using. Just get us to do all the research for you, to make sure it’s right for your business.
Are you looking for help with IT procurement? Get in touch to find out more about how we can help.
We are looking to partner with ambitious
If this is you get in touch!